BE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR FAUCET DRIPPING DURING FREEZING COLD WEATHER
DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH COVERAGE TO REBUILD AFTER A TOTAL LOSS?
When was the last time you reviewed your insurance coverage?
Do not wait until it is too late. The time to act is now! Too many policyholders do not have enough fire insurance when they have a loss.
SELECTING THE AMOUNT AND TYPE OF INSURANCE COVERAGE APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Contact your insurance agent or broker for guidance and assistance in obtaining broader coverage, including coverage that is not offered by the GUA.
- Shop around at least annually for coverage with insurers other than the Georgia Underwriting Association (GUA). The GUA is the insurer of last resort and provides only basic property insurance
- The Insurance marketplace changes regularly, so a property not eligible for coverage in the past may be eligible now
- Ask your neighbors who insures their properties.
- Ask your insurance broker to try to find you more comprehensive coverages than we offer
- Call insurance companies on your own.
- Do not reply on just one source for your insurance information.
- If you can secure a policy with another insurer commonly known as a Difference in Conditions (DIC) policy.
- Review all of your coverages. Selecting the amount and type of insurance coverage appropriate for your needs is your responsibility.
- In the Agent Area, under the Policy Coverage Forms, click the Comparison of Coverage form to find out more about our coverages.
- READ YOUR POLICY
Tip for Helping Prevent Water Damage by Mitigatng Solutions
Tips on Broken Pipes
Tips on Water Heaters
Tips on Water Loss Prevention